Sunday, July 31, 2011

Haphazard Much? Cont.

So despite all the crappy features, we actually love the new place. I mean, who couldn't love a living-room with a 55 inch flat screen, and a FREE couch from the bf's mother? And then our beautiful dining-room table for $100, and it was originally priced at $300? And we finally got to spend our $500 store credit at Crate&Barrel. So my boyfriend and I bought a gorgeous floor mirror a few months back for our bedroom at his mother's. Keep in mind this mirror was 8ft by 5 ft and we thought it would look perfect in our dark green room because it would help it look bigger than it actually is. But unfortunately, the guys from Crate&Barrel were unable to get it up the stairs, so we were given store credit. But now, we have a k-cup maker, which I use religiously. It's basically coffee-on-demand. I'm surprise it didn't come with our Comcast package.

And speaking of Comcast, I finally have all the movie channels, (i.e. Showtime), which means I can now watch Dexter the night it actually aires! Yes! If you don't know now, you will soon learn how obsessed I and my boyfriend and my roommate are with Dexter. And unlike the promise I made about healthy foods and exercise, I will lecture you about this because everyone should watch Dexter.

So my third first is that I am finally getting my leg in the career world. At twenty-one, I have never worked, and I actually had not gone on my first interview until 9 days ago. I am ttrying to get an editorial assistant internship at a marketing company nearby, and hopefully I will hear back from the Sr. editor tomorrow. But who knows the true reason why I will obtain the position, if I do, because when I walked out to meet my boyfriend after completing the interview, he informed me with a giggle that my blouse button had come undone, which gave the perfect view of my bra and cleavage. But honestly, I am smart, driven and talented, so if I get the internship, I'm pretty sure it will be for my inteligence, although the realization of my unbuttoned blouse was embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as my boyfriend's 73-year-old great aunt announcing in front of my bf's whole family, "So you're not a virgin?!" when I informed her that I was living with her great nephew (aka my boyfriend." Do I just give off this aura to people that I am this perfect goody-two-shoes, because I am nothing like that. Sure, I am an upstanding, good-hearted person, but I am young, and young people like to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment