Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Dubious Time Traveler


          If I could travel back in time to redue any decision, I wouldn’t. I believe every event leads into the next, and whether one alters an entire day, or a one second decision, the reprocussions weigh equally in determining what effect your life will take.
Before March 23, 2009, I would have eagerly returned to my senior year of high school, and accepted St. Mary’s College’s admission invitation and their financial aid package, despite its heavy emphasis on student loans. However, March 23 is the day I met my future best friend and love.
Towson University was my third choice of schools, and the only reason I ended up here was because I was offered a full ride, but that is not why I stayed. I met my boyfriend during the second semester of my freshman career in an advanced writing course for teachers; he was a business major, so why was he there?
He was required to take an advanced writing course for his major, and ironically enough, Writing for Business and Industry, probably would have been the perfect fit in fulfilling this requirement, but my indifferent goofball haphazardly selected a course without  even glancing at the course title. It was not until our professor asked everyone to share what subject they planned to teach, that he realized that maybe he should have enrolled in another advanced writing course. The funny thing is, he was always wondering why the writing assignments were so difficult, and why our professor was such a stickler in his grading.
Similar to my decision in choosing Towson University, my boyfriend’s choice to take Writing and Communication Skills for Teachers, was a decision which weighed equally as heavy in determining whether or not we would ever meet. I have asked him several times, if he would still take Professor Pugh’s class, if he could go back in time, and his answer is always, “No, because that is the reason I met you, and the dues I paid in that class, were well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment